broken/ fixed extruder
January 10, 2011 § 2 Comments
Because of inproper and to quick assembly I broke my old PTFE Thermal barrier.
It happend when the print head scrubbed over the new printed layer of PLA do to inproper alignement of the print bed vs. axes. You see – lot’s of inproper building. I fixed the extruder yesterday and also fixed the hot end like I should have done in the first place.
After some quick recalibration of the new Z-height I already did a new successful print test. Because I also changed the tiny gear (which’s original quality was very bad) I now have a continuous working extruder with quite better print quality. I think
it’s time to start printing some Hacklab Reprap parts and fine tune the print quality on the way.